Welcome to Ottershaw Nursery. We are pleased to be part of Ottershaw Christ Church C of E Infant and Junior Schools and the larger community of Ottershaw.
Our intention is to help each child, through play, to develop skills and gain knowledge, which will be relevant to his/her development and future.
We hope to make this possible by creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere of trust and happiness, where children will feel secure and cared for.
We offer flexible options for parents who are entitled to either
- 15 hours universal entitlement of free early learning. This is offered over 5 part time morning sessions or 5 part time afternoon sessions.
- Extended 30 hours of free early learning. This is offered over the 5 morning and the 5 afternoon sessions. This entitlement is available to working parents who qualify - please refer to the Childcare Choices website
To find out more about funded childcare please click here
Morning session 9.00am - 12.00pm
Afternoon session 12.00pm - 3.00pm
The Nursery operates the same dates each term as the schools but occasionally there is an extra closure, usually for specific nursery in-service training.
Children are normally admitted in the September following their third birthday; this keeps inline with the academic year. To be considered in the September allocation of places, applications should be made by 1st March of the same year. Should the Nursery not be full, children may be admitted at the beginning of the term following their third birthday.
Applications can be submitted at any age and should be made to the Infant school office. We aim to offer places a term in advance. Please contact the Infant school office if you would like to arrange a visit to come and look around.
For copies of our Application Form and our Admission Policy please click on the links below.
- Nursery Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Nursey Admission Policy 2023-2024
- Nursery Admission Policy 2024-2025
Criteria for Admission
If our Nursery is oversubscribed and therefore cannot admit all of the children whose parents have applied for a nursery place, then all applications will be considered in accordance with the following over-subscription criteria. Length of time on any waiting list will not be taken into account.
- Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children
- Children with Exceptional Medical or Social Circumstances
- Children with siblings on roll at Ottershaw Christ Church C of E Infant or Junior Schools at the time of admission
- Any other children whose parents wish them to attend Ottershaw Christ Church Church of England Infant School (Nursery)
Please note that admission into the nursery does not guarantee admission to the school.
For full details of our Criteria for Admission please refer to our Nursery Admission Policy above.